Did you know that 36 million Americans have no teeth? Loose dentures can be a source of chronic discomfort and frustration for many individuals, making daily activities like eating, speaking, and even smiling a challenge. Mini dental implants provide denture stability, eliminating all the constant issues with traditional dentures.
Our experienced team, led by Dr. Apel, specializes in restoring smiles and improving overall well-being. We understand the physical and emotional toll that loose dentures can take on your life, and we’re here to help.
The Causes of Loose Dentures
Loose or floating dentures can occur due to various factors, including:
- Bone resorption: The jawbone may shrink or resorb over time, leading to a poor fit for dentures. This natural bone loss can result from the absence of tooth roots, which causes the dentures to become ill-fitting.
- Changes in gum tissue: The gums can change shape and size over time, which affects how dentures fit. This is particularly common in people who have worn dentures for several years.
- Denture wear and tear: Dentures can experience wear and tear with regular use. This includes changes in the fit of the dentures and the deterioration of the denture material.
- Poor denture quality: Low-quality dentures or poorly fitted dentures from the start can lead to problems with stability and comfort.
The Problems Loose Dentures Create
Wearing loose dentures can bring several challenges to your daily life. Firstly, they can make eating a troublesome task, affecting your ability to enjoy a wide range of foods, potentially leading to poor nutrition and weight loss. Additionally, ill-fitting dentures may interfere with your speech, causing slurring or mumbling, which can result in communication difficulties and social embarrassment.
These issues can significantly impact your self-esteem and confidence, making you less likely to smile or engage in social activities, potentially leading to social avoidance and a reduced quality of life. Floating dentures can also cause chronic discomfort, leading to gum irritation, sore spots, and even ulcers, making the denture-wearing experience painful. If you wear dentures, you’ve likely experienced some of these issues already.
The Long-Term Effects of Chronic Discomfort
The consequences of loose dentures can have a far-reaching impact on your overall health and well-being. First and foremost, difficulty eating can lead to malnutrition and result in general weakness as well as a compromised immune system. What’s more, inadequate chewing can negatively affect digestion, causing discomfort and digestive problems.
The issues caused by loose dentures can also have significant social and emotional repercussions. Individuals may become increasingly self-conscious about their appearance and struggle with speech difficulties, leading to social isolation. The chronic discomfort stemming from ill-fitting dentures can contribute to feelings of frustration, anxiety, and depression. Additionally, untreated floating dentures can accelerate bone loss in the jaw, exacerbating the problem over time and further impacting one’s oral health.
The Modern Solution to Loose Dentures: Mini Implant Stabilized Dentures
Mini-implant stabilized dentures are not just regular dentures; they’re anchored securely using mini dental implants. These implants are small titanium screws that act like tooth roots. Once fixed into your jawbone, they provide a stable base for your dentures.
The benefits? There are plenty of them:
- Size: Mini implants are small pegs that are inserted into the jawbone. They are perfect for those with thinner jawbones.
- Simple process: Dr. Apel, with his extensive experience, can fix these with minimal discomfort. Healing time is also faster.
- Instant results: You’ll usually walk out of the clinic with dentures that fit snugly the same day.
- Durability: These implants can last a lifetime with the right care. No more dreading those recurring dental visits for adjustments!
- Bone health: Mini implants give the jawbone the stimulation it needs, keeping it healthy and preventing facial sagging.
Types of Mini Implant Stabilized Dentures
At Designing Smiles, you’ll find implant denture options tailored to your needs:
- Overdentures: Also known as snap-on dentures, overdentures can be fixed or removed as needed. If you already have a set of traditional dentures, they can often be adjusted to fit over the mini implants.
- Semi-removable Fix on Six® bridges: These are fixed more firmly to the implants, and Dr. Apel would be the one to remove them during your regular checkups.
- Non-removable roundhouse bridges: Looking for something permanent? A non-removable zirconia roundhouse bridge might be your pick. Once it’s in, it’s in for good. And this option feels and acts just like natural teeth.
Talk to Us Today About Your Loose Dentures
At Designing Smiles, we offer advanced solutions like mini dental implants to secure your dentures firmly in place. These implants provide stability, comfort, and the confidence to enjoy life without worrying about loose dentures.
If you’re struggling with loose dentures, it’s time to regain control of your life. Contact Designing Smiles for a FREE consultation and explore the transformative possibilities that mini dental implants can offer. Your well-being is our priority, and we’re dedicated to helping you enjoy a comfortable, secure, and fulfilling life with a smile you’re proud of. Don’t wait—reach out to us today and experience the difference personalized care can make!